Cereal Milk White Russians
A few months back, I caught up with NYC-based band Milhaus to chat about their EP The Graduate (full interview here). Both their band and EP names are pop culture references (The Simpsons and The Graduate respectively) and so I created a cocktail in their honor: Cereal Milk White Russians (aka the “Milkhaus”).
Cereal milk is delicious and sweetens White Russians nicely. Plus I’m on a lifelong mission to make White Russians an acceptable drink for any occasion because the Pâté Smith abides. Or panders to Big Lebowski fans. IDK. Drink up and don’t think about it you champ.
This recipe was inspired by Christina Tosi’s Cereal Milk at Momofuku’s Milk Bar in New York. It’s sweet and salty and basically everything. If you can’t trek to the best city in the world, just make our cereal milk recipe below!
Cereal Milk White Russians Cocktail Recipe
- 2.75 cups cornflakes (or your favorite cereal)
- 3.75 cups cold milk
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- .25 teaspoons salt
- 2 ounces / parts vodka
- 1 ounce / part Kahlúa
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and cover with cereal. Bake for 15 minutes until toasty. Cool.
- Put toasted cereal into a pitcher along and stir in milk, brown sugar, and salt. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain cereal and let cereal milk chill in refrigerator.
- Fill a glass with ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce Kahlúa, and 1 ounce of chilled Cereal Milk.
- Swirl Big Lebowski style and enjoy.Made this at home? Tag your photos with #PateSmith or share them in the comments for the chance to be featured onsite!