Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
Let’s taco ’bout this Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme recipe, made with the visionary himself David Roa. But Pâté, why make this at home? Can’t you buy one for like $3? You’re right. But I’m a Taco Bae and want to know how my favorite food is made. You could always buy a pre-made Taco Bell Party Box (I’d never party box-shame you), but I like celebrating guilty pleasures. So make this homemade crunchwrap supreme recipe fit for an adult and lettuce iterate like the self respecting adults I know we are. Randy Marsh would be proud, I think. #WholeFoods
Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning, or a mix of: chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper
- 8 large four tortillas
- 6 tostadas
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- shredded Mexican cheese
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices of American cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make nacho cheese. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour. Pour in milk and whisk until begins to thicken. While whisking, add in salt and cheese. Continue to stir until thickened, 15 minutes.
- Make taco meat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crumbled ground beef, drain juices and add taco seasoning and a splash of water.
- Assemble Crunchwrap Supreme. In a large pan, toast flour tortillas until warm.
- Lay flour tortilla on a flat surface and layer in the center: 1/2 cup of taco meat in the center, a thin layer of nacho cheese, 1 tostada, a thin layer of sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and shredded cheese.
- Fold the crunchwrap. Take the bottom of the crunchwrap and fold the edge up over the center. Continue to make folds on top of each other over the center of the filling. If any of the center meat is showing, tear a bit of flour tortilla and tuck it under the flour tortilla.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Place the top of the crunchwrap (folded side) down on the pan and cook until browned (2 minutes). Flip the crunchwrap over and cook until browned.
Reddit user @THEONLYraider made this at home. You’re a real American, hero, you know that?
Instagram User @ptran619 made it too! Then styled his mom. 10/10 would encourage you to style your mom again.
Made this at home? Tag your photos with #PateSmith or share them in the comments for the chance to be featured onsite!