Instant Ramen Fried Chicken
Instant ramen fried chicken: It’s an *instant* classic. It’s soy good! Boyz II Ramen? Just be happy I’m not Fifty Shades of Chicken-ing you, okay.
In an ongoing effort to inappropriately batter, I made this instant ramen fried chicken recipe. I love to cook, but I am not above going to town on a bowl of noodles sprinkled with Maruchan Caviar (a.k.a. delicious MSG powder). Plus both ramen and fried chicken are trendy, so why not make this frankentrend of a dish? Join me for a bowl of monosodium glutamate in the culinary astral plane.
Instant ramen fried chicken is super fun and an easy recipe to make. You can batter fried chicken in pretty much anything. I encourage you to also try Cheese-It’s, corn flakes, etc.
Instant Ramen Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 bags of chicken-flavored instant ramen noodles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pounds chicken thighs in bone
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- shredded cabbage for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- Whisk together one packet of seasoning, buttermilk and soy sauce.
- Marinade chicken thighs in buttermilk mixture 4 hours – overnight.
- Place ramen in a zipper lock bag and crush into course pieces.
- Pour 3/4 of the crushed ramen into a blender and blend until the texture is a coarse meal.
- Mix together ramen pieced and ramen meal and spread on a dish.
- Dip each thigh in buttermilk and then in ramen mixture.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 325 degrees F.
- Place chicken thighs in oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for ~10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cabbage, lemon wedges, and a sprinkle of the remaining packet of seasoning.
Made instant ramen fried chicken at home? Tag your photos with #PateSmith or share them in the comments for the chance to be featured onsite!