Thai Iced Coffee Ice Cream
Ice cream and coffee are two of my top five food groups, so naturally Thai Iced Coffee Ice Cream has been a longtime obsession of mine. Contrary to what you might think, making ice cream at home is super easy. If you have an ice cream machine and use the right fat ratio, you can make all sorts of flavors. From Thai Iced Coffee Ice Cream to Chocolate-Covered Pop Rock Vanilla (which I also actually made), you can get super creative. Vietnamese coffee ice cream is the best.
Thai Iced Coffee is one of my favorite drinks, and thinking about the fat content of sweetened condensed milk, I figured it would yield an awesome ice cream consistency. You may also refer to this preparation as “Vietnamese” iced coffee–but regardless, it’s delicious and this simple recipe yields a perfect consistency and richest flavor. I also drink way too much coffee in this life. From The Descendents to Marc Maron to Fry’s 100th cup on Futurama, the pop cultures icon of my life agree 2 agree about this beverage being the elixir of the gods. Eat all of the Vietnamese coffee ice cream.
Thai Iced Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cups strong black coffee
- 1 cup half & half
- A pinch of ground, roasted coffee (for mixing in)
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, black coffee, half and half, and pinch of ground coffee.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 1-hour.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to machine instructions.
- Scoop into tupperware and freeze until firm (1-4 hrs).
Made thai coffee ice cream at home? Tag your photos with #PateSmith or share them in the comments for the chance to be featured onsite!